Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Earlier this week, Delaware experienced a horrific tragedy when a corrections officer gave his life so that others lived. It is now up to the General Assembly, in conjunction with the Governor, to make sure that life was not given in vain. Changes, for too long put off despite all the warning signs repeatedly stated by the Correctional Officers Union, are an absolute necessity.
-Monday night is a Kenton Town Council meeting at 7 p.m. at the Town Hall.
-Tuesday is my next coffee with constituents at Willey Farms in Odessa from 8 a.m.- 9 a.m. Come join us. There is a lot to talk about.
-February 8th-10th, Brick Works in Smyrna is donating part of their sales to the family of Sgt. Floyd.
-Friday is a Marydel Wing Night at the Marydel Fire Hall.
-On Saturday, starting at 10, Cabella’s in Christiana is having a cookout to raise money for the family of Sgt. Floyd. Saturday is also a meeting with constituents at 3 Palms in Clayton. Sauly will be joining me.
-The Governor has expressed interest in visiting the coffee meetings of elected officials in order to talk about the budget. I am in the process of coordinating with his staff which of the meetings below would be best for that. Standby for more details as I make them available.
-I am happy to announce my next round of constituent meetings that will be held through March 2017. I invite constituents and non-constituents alike to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their mind:
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, February 7th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, February 11th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo. (The SNOW DATE is Saturday, February 18th.)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, February 22nd – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· COFFEE MEETING AT NEW LOCATION – Thursday, March 9th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Drunk’n Baker (1 N. Main Street, Smyrna)
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, March 17th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, March 21st – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
Not sure how I came up with this one. It turned out really well. I know it is national football day and I should have done a chili recipe…. sorry.
-12 oz. box of bowties
-7-8 oz. jar of sundried tomatoes in oil
-1 clove garlic, minced
-9 oz. can of sweet corn, drained and rinsed
-15 oz. can of sweet peas, drained and rinsed
-Dash of white wine
-1 tbsp onion powder
-2 tbsp butter
-Salt and pepper to taste
Using the oil from the jar of sundried tomatoes, lightly fry the garlic until it begins to brown. Slice the tomatoes. Stir in the other ingredients except the pasta, cover, and simmer. Cook the pasta until tender. Drain. Scoop the sauce over the pasta. Enjoy.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938