Friends For Jeff Spiegelman,
-We are still on a two-week break. We are back in Legislative Hall next week. In the meantime, I am still compiling the results of my 2017 survey. Thank you to everyone who participated.
-Tuesday evening I am a guest speaker for the Society of Resource Managers. This should be an interesting event. I enjoy talking to organizations interested in making government better.
-On Wednesday evening I am a celebrity model (yes, you heard that right….) for an annual fashion show for charity at the Chase Center.
-On Thursday is a Voting Machine Task Force meeting. It is also Sauly’s birthday!
-On Friday, the Delaware Sportsmen’s Caucus is getting a demonstration over in Maryland of suppressors, air bows, and air rifles. I am really looking forward to it.
-Friday night, the Governor will be joining me at The Painted Stave. Stop by between 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to talk to the chief executive of the first state. Thank you to Governor Carney for working with me and my staff to put this together.
-After the event at Painted Stave I am on my way to the annual NRA dinner at the Modern Maturity Center.
-Sunday is a Hartly Breakfast.
-I am happy to announce my Spring 2017 constituent meeting schedule.
I invite constituents to stop by any of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their mind. You can also use this opportunity to bring me your completed copy of my 2017 Legislative Survey:
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Wednesday, April 19th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy Pizza Shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
· MEET & GREET WITH GOV. CARNEY/TASTING – Friday, April 21st – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna). NOTE: Governor Carney will be on hand between 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to meet constituents and to chat with those in attendance.
· MEET & GREET – Thursday, May 4th – 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Hartly Hardware Store (324 Main Street, Hartly)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Monday, May 15th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· COFFEE MEETING – Thursday, June 8th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Friday, June 23rd – 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. – The Drunk’n Baker (1 N. Main Street, Smyrna)
I made this the other day. It was really simple, really good, and really good for you. The pepper powder can be found on Amazon.
-1/2 cup honey
-2 tbsp African Yellow Pepper powder
-1 tbsp smoked salt
-juice of ½ lemon
-1 dozen shrimp, shell on
Combine the honey, pepper powder, and salt. Pour over the shrimp, making sure they are evenly coated. Marinate overnight. Grill on medium heat. When just about finished, brush them with the lemon. Enjoy.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938