Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
For those of you who are new to the list- welcome. Our Sunday emails took a break during the holiday weekend last week. We are back and ready to rock! Two months until the general election.
-It has been a busy two weeks. Filled with door knocking, community events, door knocking, town council meetings, door knocking, and playing with Saul.
-We have a lot of events coming up this week. Tomorrow night is the Middletown Town Council meeting and an 11th RD Meeting. Tuesday is Primary Day! Please go vote. Wednesday is an Unclaimed Property Task Force meeting. Wednesday night at the Hartly Elementary School is a town hall meeting with constituents. Please come join us. Thursday night I will be attending the Smyrna/Clayton 9/11 Memorial Service. Friday at noon is the annual Volunteer Firefighter’s Lunch. Saturday is the GOP State Convention.
-Tuesday I am taking on the Ice Bucket Challenge at 11:30 a.m. at Woodburn while the Governor signs my HJR15 which helps to raise awareness about ALS by recognizing the 75th anniversary of Lou Gehrig’s retirement from baseball. http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/LIS147.nsf/vwLegislation/HJR+15?Opendocument. I am honored to have my constituent Kayla Wilson, who is a crusader for a cure for ALS, dump me with ice!
-Our next fundraiser is right around the corner! September 20th at Harvest Ridge Winery from 5-8 p.m. Please go to www.jeffDERepresentative.com for more details.
-In order to promote our next fundraiser on September 20th at Harvest Ridge Winery from 5-8 p.m. we are running a contest to win a Jeff Spiegelman Cookbook! Here’s how it works: SHARE the BIRTHDAY BASH event on your personal Facebook page and you’ll be given ONE chance to win! SHARE our page (JEFF SPIEGELMAN FOR DELAWARE STATE REPRESENTATIVE) and you’ll be given a SECOND chance to win! This contest will run until Friday, September 19th, 2014, when the winner will be announced. Please help us spread the word for our final fundraiser of this campaign season! Please remember, we need you to “share” the link in order to be entered into the contest, not just “like” it.
-We have been getting in a lot of door knocking and we could really use some help. If you are interested in helping us out by going door to door, conducting surveys, or driving, please let us know by emailing Samantha at manager@jeffDErepresentative.com
-If you would like to host a Jeff Spiegelman event at your house, please email Samantha at email@example.com. We would be happy to work with your schedule for a BBQ, a simple coffee, a quick chat with your friends/neighbors, or whatever else you had in mind.
-Please visit our Facebook page. Every time we reach a 100 fans milestone, a random fan of the page wins a free Jeff Spiegelman 2013-2014 cookbook. Go to https://www.facebook.com/friends4jeff to enter for your chance to win. As of this morning, we are only 23 likes away!
-My next round of constituent meetings for September and October is below. Constituents are invited to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that they may have.
Here is the schedule:
– TOWN HALL MEETING – Wednesday, September 10th – Hartly Elementary School (2617 Arthursville Road) – 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
– COFFEE MEETING – Monday, September 15th – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Smyrna) – 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
– TOWN HALL MEETING – Wednesday, September 17th – Blackbird Community Center (120 Blackbird Forest Road, Townsend) – 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
– COFFEE MEETING – Monday, September 22nd – Willey Farms (Townsend) – 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
– TOWN HALL MEETING – Monday, September 22nd – Townsend Fire Hall (107 Main Street) – 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
– COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, October 1st – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton) – 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
– MEET & GREET – Friday, October 10th- Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE) – 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
– ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, October 15th – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna) – 12-noon to 1:00 p.m.
– MEET & GREET – Friday, October 24th – Painted Stave Distilling (106 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna) – 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Another experiment combining chocolate and spicy flavors. When I tried this before, I used milk. This time, I substitute almond-milk. The result was tasty, but I am still working on a more finalized product. The other change was the use of a smoked pepper, instead of a regular spicy pepper.
-1 chipotle pepper
-1 cup vanilla or touch of honey almond-milk
-chocolate syrup to taste
-2 scoops vanilla ice cream.
If the chipotle pepper is dried, soak in water until tender. De-stem and chop in a blender. Add the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Adjust to your taste.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903