Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Things are really getting exciting in and around Delaware I suppose you have seen all the signs up in the 11th District. Or, as we say, just follow the “Yellow Sign Road”.
-We have been getting in a lot of door knocking and we could really use some help. If you are interested in helping us out by going door to door, conducting surveys, or driving, please let us know by emailing Samantha at manager@jeffDErepresentative.com
-Please go to our website for a calendar of upcoming events and when we are going to be door knocking. www.jeffDErepresentative.com
-Last week, I had two back-to-school breakfasts for Smyrna and CR school districts. We also had two free meetings with constituents at Mamie Warren Senior Center and Painted Stave Distilling. Thursday night was the grand re-opening of the beautiful Townsend Elementary School. Today was the Hartly Fire Co.’s back-to-school breakfast.
-Thursday evening I am presenting a Legislative Wrap-up at the Delmarva Sportsman Association in Sudlersville.
-We have a couple of BIG events coming up this weekend. Saturday is another Summer BBQ at the Townsend Fire Hall. Saturday afternoon at 3pm we are participating in the annual MOT Big Ball Tournament. To pledge for our team, please go to https://bigball.blacktie-athon.com/teams/donateteam.cfm?teamid=C69AA028-0CAC-BC8E-DA8CB5BD7B9F7BD5. All money goes to families in need in the MOT area. This is a great cause!
-If you are interested in playing on our Big Ball Team, please email Samantha at manager@jeffDErepresentative.com or go to our Facebook event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/264049267052281/ We play for an hour. It is just for fun and it is a BLAST! I look forward to it every year.
-Mark your calendars. Our next fundraiser is scheduled for September 20th at Harvest Ridge Winery.
-If you would like to host a Jeff Spiegelman event at your house, please email Samantha at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to work with your schedule for a BBQ, a simple coffee, a quick chat with your friends/neighbors, or whatever else you had in mind.
-Please visit our Facebook page. Every time we reach a 100 fans milestone, a random fan of the page wins a free Jeff Spiegelman 2013-2014 cookbook. Go to https://www.facebook.com/friends4jeff to enter for your chance to win. As of this morning, we are only 23 likes away!
-Enjoy your Labor Day weekend next weekend. We will not have a weekly update.
Below is the schedule for my next round of meetings with constituents. Please stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on your mind:
· TOWN HALL MEETING – Wednesday, September 10th – Hartly Elementary School (2617 Arthursville Road) – 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
· COFFEE MEETING – Monday, September 15th – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Smyrna) – 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
· TOWN HALL MEETING – Wednesday, September 17th – Blackbird Community Center (120 Blackbird Forest Road, Townsend) – 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
· COFFEE MEETING – Monday, September 22nd – Willey Farms (Townsend) – 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
· TOWN HALL MEETING – Monday, September 22nd – Townsend Fire Hall (107 Main Street) – 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
· COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, October 1st – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton) – 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
· MEET & GREET – Friday, October 10th – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE) – 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, October 15th – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna) – 12-noon to 1:00 p.m.
· MEET & GREET – Friday, October 24th – Painted Stave Distilling (106 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna) – 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Smoked Mojo Pork Chop
-5 or 6 bone in pork chops
-2 cups mojo marinade
-6 steamed tomatillos
-1 medium onion
-2 garlic cloves
-1 tablespoon freshly ground cumin
-salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients except the chops in a food processor and chop. Use this to marinate the chops overnight. Grill over indirect heat on a charcoal grill. Liberally add wood chips in order to keep up a nice smoke. Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a boil and cook down until more sauce-like. Use as a gravy.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903