Friends for Jeff Spiegelman
Sorry about the lack of an update last week. I was busy with Sauly’s birthday. I am back and ready to go into session on Tuesday and campaign through the week.
-Monday evening is a Kenton Town Council meeting at 7pm. Wednesday is a Townsend Town Council Meeting at their new Town Hall on Main St at 730pm
-On Tuesday I will be attending a lunch hosted by the Delaware Food Industry.
-On Wednesday I will be attending the annual Delaware Law Enforcement Memorial service. Wednesday night is also a legislative reception hosted by the Delaware Contractors Association.
-On Thursday, I will be joined by a special guest to help me proclaim May at ALS Month in Delaware. Mt constituent Kayla Wilson has been a tremendous advocate for this important cause and I am happy to be included in her fight for a cure.
-This weekend is Dover Days! Jenn, Saul, and I will be walking in the parade. Hmmmm… costume or no costume…..?
-Just a reminder that our website has been relaunched! Please go to www.jeffDErepresentative.com and have a look.
-MARK YOUR CALENDARS. We are putting the finishing touches on our 2016 Campaign Kick-off May 25th from 6pm-730pm at the Sgt William Lloyd Nelson VFW on Summit Bridge Rd in Middletown. More details will be available in next week’s update.
I am happy to announce my next round of constituent meetings through the spring and summer. I invite constituents to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their mind:
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Friday, May 20th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy Pizza Shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
· MEET & GREET – Tuesday, May 24th – 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Hartly Hardware Store (324 Main Street, Hartly)
· MEET & GREET/TASTING – Friday, June 3rd – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna)
· COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, June 15th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, July 9th – 12-Noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). (The RAIN DATE is Saturday, July 16th.)
· COFFEE MEETING – Monday, July 11th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, August 2nd – 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, August 12th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, August 24th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
Know those delicious turkey legs you get at fairs and festivals? This is a red curry take on that.
-4 turkey legs
-1 large tomato, chopped
-1 large onion, chopped
-3 tbpn red curry paste
-2 tbpn sesame oil
-1/2 cup mirin or sherry cooking wine
-1 tbpn sugar
-1/4 cup chopped cilantro
-1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
-(optional for extra spicy) 2 chopped Serrano peppers
Heat the oil in a pot. Stir in the paste until it begins to get fragrant. Stir in the rest of the ingredients except the turkey legs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool. Add the turkey legs and marinate overnight. Take out the legs 45 minutes before cooking to allow to get to room temperature. Smoke the turkey legs at 235-250 degrees for four hours. Baste every half hour with the marinade except for the last hour. Flip the legs after 2 hours.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938