Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Campaign season is here!!!! My campaign kick-off event is scheduled for May 25th from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the William Lloyd Nelson V.F.W. on Summit Bridge Rd. in Middletown. The cost is “donations appreciated”. I will have my yard signs available for pick-up and I would be honored to have you display them in your yard. As in the previous last two elections, let’s turn the 11th District into the “Yellow Sign Road”!
-Speaking of signs- thank you so much for how many of you have requested one. However, the Department of Elections is enforcing new rules that all campaign material must have a “Paid for by” label. I am getting stickers made for my yard signs. When I have them, my signs can begin going out to my fantastic supporters.
-On Tuesday, I am helping celebrate a very successful first year of the Appoquinimink Spanish Immersion Kindergarten Program. I am a big fan of this initiative and I am very happy to have been invited.
-On Tuesday, Governor Jack Markell will be signing my HB34 which prevents the Department of Elections from forcing new rules and procedures on a school district during the fiscal year. Thank you very much, Governor.
-Tuesday evening I am attending the Clayton Fire Company’s 75th Anniversary dinner. Well done and thank you for protecting our communities.
-On Thursday, I am attending the groundbreaking ceremony for the Kent County Regional Sports Complex.
-On Saturday I will be stopping by the Mamie Warren Senior Center Yard Sale and Silent Auction which is going on all day.
I am happy to announce my next round of constituent meetings through the spring and summer. I invite constituents to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their mind:
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Friday, May 20th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy Pizza Shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
· MEET & GREET – Tuesday, May 24th – 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Hartly Hardware Store (324 Main Street, Hartly)
· MEET & GREET/TASTING – Friday, June 3rd – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna)
· COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, June 15th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, July 9th – 12-Noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). (The RAIN DATE is Saturday, July 16th.)
· COFFEE MEETING – Monday, July 11th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, August 2nd – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, August 12th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, August 24th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
This was one of my experimental cooking exercises that turned out really well. It was raining for most of the week so I had to bake the wings instead of grilling or smoking them as I normally would.
-6 whole chicken wings or 12 cut wings
-2 cups SEASONED rice or sushi vinegar
-2 tbsp smoked salt (adjust for flavor)
Combine all ingredients and marinate overnight. Bake wings at 400 degrees, skin down, for 25 minutes. Flip. Bake another 20-25 minutes or until wings just begin to fall apart. A tip to make cleaning easy (and less smoke in your house while cooking) is to put a shallow dish of water under the wings to catch any drippings.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938