Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Happy Birthday this week to my lovely wife, Jenn.
-On Tuesday is the first meeting of the Delaware Sportsman Caucus being held in the Tatnall Building room 112 at 11 a.m. I am a co-chair of this bi-partisan and bicameral committee. We will be outlining our legislative priorities for 2017. Come join us.
-Wednesday evening, after session, is a Legislative Tasting event with the craft beverage industry. I am looking forward to hearing how I can further assist these small businesses with a big impact on Delaware agriculture.
-On Thursday, Governor Carney is going to visit the House Minority Caucus. I am looking forward to a frank and open conversation with the governor about our collective desire for a bright Delaware future.
-I am happy to announce my next round of constituent meetings that will be held through March 2017. I invite constituents and non-constituents alike to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their mind:
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, February 7th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, February 11th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo. (The SNOW DATE is Saturday, February 18th.)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, February 22nd – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· COFFEE MEETING AT NEW LOCATION – Thursday, March 9th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Drunk’n Baker (1 N. Main Street, Smyrna)
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, March 17th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, March 21st – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
I love whiting fish. I have given you a recipe for it before. Here is another one if you can find my super-secret ingredient. Don’t tell anyone, but it is sumac. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh
-1 lb cleaned whiting
-Salt and pepper
Rinse and dry the fish. Sprinkle with oil and rub the fish with the salt, pepper, and sumac. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap each fish in foil. Bake 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938