Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
I have already gotten a huge amount of participation in my 2017 Legislative Survey. Thank you for your support. If you don’t feel like mailing it to me, you can always stop by one of my constituent meetings listed below. The next one is Tuesday morning.
-Monday evening is a Kenton Town Council meeting at 7 p.m. at the Kenton School. Wednesday evening at 730 is the Townsend Town Council meeting
-This week is our last week of session before a two week spring break. It does not appear that three of the most controversial measures we are going to tackle this year are going to get done before the break. These include the governor’s tax package, legalization of marijuana, and the Extreme Crime Prevention Act.
-On Thursday, Representatives Yearick, Hensley, and I are having a joint fundraiser at the Green Turtle in Dover. Please email me for more details.
- On Friday morning I am joining other Kent County leaders for a breakfast meeting to discuss the governor’s proposal for school district operating costs. From there I am filming a segment for Comcast Newsmakers which will appear on my facebook page and website. Then I am going to stop by Legislative Hall to address the Youth In Government program participants through the YMCA.
-I am happy to announce my Spring 2017 constituent meeting schedule.
I invite constituents to stop by any of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their mind. You can also use this opportunity to bring me your completed copy of my 2017 Legislative Survey:
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, April 4th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Wednesday, April 19th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy Pizza Shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
· MEET & GREET WITH GOV. CARNEY/TASTING – Friday, April 21st – 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna). NOTE: Governor Carney will be on hand between 5:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to meet constituents and to chat with those in attendance.
· MEET & GREET – Thursday, May 4th – 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Hartly Hardware Store (324 Main Street, Hartly)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Monday, May 15th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· COFFEE MEETING – Thursday, June 8th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Friday, June 23rd – 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. – The Drunk’n Baker (1 N. Main Street, Smyrna)
This recipe is guaranteed to please:
-1 mode of transportation
-1 brother and sister-in-law who are food crazed like you are and live in Manhattan
-1 call to Grandma and Ba-pa to ask them to babysit Saul
Have your parents pick up their grandchild for the weekend. Find your way somehow to NYC. Eat, nonstop, for three days. Spend the week recuperating. Repeat when your stomach and wallet have recuperated.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938