Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
More of the same…. spring winter spring winter spring winter.
-Monday night is a monthly meeting of the 11th District GOP at the Kenton Ruritan. Come join us. Email me for more details.
-On Wednesday is the annual Delaware biotech industry legislative luncheon.
-Thursday after session is the Delaware Bankers Association reception.
-This weekend is the annual Harvest Ridge Food Truck Competition. ALWAYS a crowd-pleaser. Let’s hope it is spring those days.
-I am happy to announce my Spring 2017 constituent meeting schedule.
I invite constituents to stop by any of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their mind. You can also use this opportunity to bring me your completed copy of my 2017 Legislative Survey which should be in 11th District mailboxes this week:
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, April 4th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Wednesday, April 19th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy Pizza Shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
· MEET & GREET WITH GOV. CARNEY/TASTING – Friday, April 21st – 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna). NOTE: Governor Carney will be on hand between 5:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to meet constituents and to chat with those in attendance.
· MEET & GREET – Thursday, May 4th – 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Hartly Hardware Store (324 Main Street, Hartly)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Monday, May 15th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· COFFEE MEETING – Thursday, June 8th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Friday, June 23rd – 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. – The Drunk’n Baker (1 N. Main Street, Smyrna)
You may recognize this technique for fish. The ingredients are a little different. I have found that cooking fish this way is really easy, tasty, and (I assume) healthy.
-3 or 4 thick cuts of seabass
-1oz powdered or finely ground peanuts
-2 tbsp chipotle powder
-1 tbsp each ground ginger and sugar
-1 tbsp salt
-1 medium onion, sliced
-1 green pepper, sliced
-2 dozen cherry tomatoes
-3 or 4 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the olive oil and the spices to make a thin paste. Add the onion and peppers to the bottom of the pan. Add the fish and tomatoes. Pour half the paste over the fish. Flip. Pour the rest over the fish. Bake, tightly covered, 40 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938