Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Groundhogs and Weathermen/weatherwomen seem to have basically the same weather predicting ability….
-This previous week was a busy one. Monday night was the monthly meeting of the Kenton Town Council.
-Wednesday I toured the DelDOT facility in Middletown. Wednesday night was the monthly meeting of the Townsend Town Council which I was unable to attend due to a late committee meeting.
-Thursday morning was a coffee with constituents at Willey’s Farms. Thursday afternoon was the Leadership Central Delaware Lunch sponsored by the Central Delaware Chamber of Commerce. Thursday night was a meeting in Hartly. It looks like things are moving in the right direction in Delaware’s smallest municipality
-Saturday I was a guest judge for a Vegetable Soup Cook Off at Willey’s Farms.
-This upcoming week I have several events.
-Monday night is a 11th RD GOP meeting at the Kenton Ruritan Club,
-I have a coffee with constituents Tuesday morning at 8-9am and a Sunset Committee meeting Tuesday night,
-I will be attending a meeting with several trappers at the Blackbird Community Center on Wednesday night,
-I have a meeting with the governor Thursday around lunch and the Kent County GOP monthly meeting at Grotto’s Pizza that night.
-At SOME point this Valentine’s Day weekend I have a date with my beautiful wife
-Here are the next round of constituent meetings for February and March.
– COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, February 10th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
– MEET & GREET/TASTING – Friday, February 27th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna)
– MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, March 6th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
– SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Thursday, March 12th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Anthony’s Pizza Shop (325 Main Street, Townsend)
– COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, March 24th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
– MEET & GREET – Saturday, March 28th – 11 a.m. to 12-noon – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). Stop by and see Jeff at 3 Palms before the Easter Egg/Scavenger Hunt event starts at the zoo at 12-noon. (The rain date will be Saturday, April 11th.)
I really enjoyed my time as a judge this weekend. Rather than a normal weekly recipe, I would like to share with you some of the clever ideas that came out of the event.
-My favorite was Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup with homemade croutons
-The winner was Wild Rice and Vegetable Soup with kale, turmeric, and slivered almonds.
-A very funny entree was Southwestern Vegetable Soup. Each judge was given the recipe for the soups we were eating. This one clearly stated that the husband is supposed to chop the vegetables while the wife supervises.
-Another favorite among the judges was the Hearty Vegetable with Ricotta Dumpling Soup.
The audience also got a chance to taste the soups. I encourage you to join us next year!
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903