Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Don’t let the cold get you down! Come out to Harvest Ridge Winery and join me on Friday for a glass of wine and some conversation about some hot topics in Delaware politics.
-We had a great week in the 11th District. Tuesday was breakfast at Providence Creek Academy. On Wednesday, the House Small Business Caucus met at Painted Stave Distilling to talk about the growth and future of the craft beverage industry in Delaware. On Thursday I had a caucus to talk about the upcoming legislative days. Friday night was the DSSA Freedom Banquet. Saturday was the always successful I Love Smyrna School District Day and the Blackbird Community Center Muskrat and Meatloaf dinner.
-This week is going to be very busy in and around the 11th District. Monday is Read Across America. I will be reading to students at Clayton Intermediate School. Monday night is a Kenton Town Council meeting and the annual Game Dinner at the Leipsic Fire Hall.
-Wednesday night is a Townsend Town Council meeting.
-Thursday I have a Joint Sunset Committee meeting.
-Friday from 5-6:30 p.m. at Harvest Ridge Winery I am hosting a Glass of Wine with Rep. Spiegelman event. Please come out to join us. From there, I have to run to Dover for a Bankers PAC reception.
-Saturday night is a Wild Game Dinner at Marydel Fire Company.
-Please remember to set your clocks back on Sunday!
-Here are the next round of constituent meetings for March:
– MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, March 6th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
– SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Thursday, March 12th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Anthony’s Pizza Shop (325 Main Street, Townsend)
– MEET & GREET/TASTING – Friday, March 13th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna)- **PLEASE NOTE THE DATE CHANGE**
– COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, March 24th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
– MEET & GREET – Saturday, March 28th – 11 a.m. to 12-noon – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). Stop by and see Jeff at 3 Palms before the Easter Egg/Scavenger Hunt event starts at the zoo at 12-noon. (The rain date will be Saturday, April 11th.)
Ceviche is one of my favorite dishes. However, it is usually a summer thing. But, with so much wintry weather in the area, I thought a summer dish might be exactly what the doctor ordered. Last year I gave you a more complicated recipe for Ceviche Verde. This is MUCH easier, but many might consider it cheating…..
-2 fillets of a firm fish (good choices are tuna, swordfish, and mahi). Feel free to use two different fishes. Chop into small bites.
-1 cup pre-made store salsa. Most supermarkets in the area have a pre-made salsa that uses fresh vegetables. Make sure that the ingredients include large amounts of lemon and/or lime. You can use spicy or mild.
-1/2 squeezed lime
-1/2 squeezed lemon
-(OPTIONAL) fresh cilantro to taste
Combine all ingredients in a non-metallic bowl. Make sure the fish is covered by the salsa/citrus mix. Cover and put in the fridge for 6 hours. Enjoy cold in a martini glass garnished with a cilantro sprig. Think of a tropical beach while you are eating.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903