Friends for Jeff Spiegelman
Please have a happy and safe Thanksgiving. There will not be an update next week. I will still be recovering from a Thanksgiving (and, Fry-day, an annual tradition at the Spiegelman house) food overload.
-Monday morning is a meeting with constituents at Willey Farms. 8am-9am. Come join me.
-Monday evening is an 11th Rd meeting 7-8pm. Come join me
-Tuesday at noon is the first meeting of the Delaware Sportsman’s Caucus in the House Majority Hearing Room at Legislative Hall. Come join me
-Sunday morning is a Hartly Volunteer Fire Co breakfast. Come join me.
-Good news! We have a date for our first meeting of the Delaware Sportsmen’s Caucus – November 24th at noon in the Majority Hearing Room at Legislative Hall. This bi-partisan and bicameral group is open to the public and will be used to promote hunting and fishing in the state of Delaware. The First State was one of only three states without a Sportsmen’s Caucus. I am very proud to serve my state and constituents in this way. If you are interested in updates on this group, please email me.
-Cookbooks are here! Volume II is ready for you. We are asking for a $30 donation and one of these cookbooks can be yours. It contains all the recipes from my weekly email updates from March 2014 to March 2015. Please let me know if you are interested and thank you for the support.
-My next round of meetings with constituents has been scheduled. Stop by any or all!
· COFFEE MEETING – Monday, November 23rd – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Tuesday, December 1st – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy Pizza Shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Thursday, December 10th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, December 11th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· MEET & GREET at “Zoo Lights and Christmas Nights” – Saturday, December 12th – 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). The RAIN DATE is Saturday, December 19th.
· COFFEE MEETING – Monday, December 14th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
I went to grill some wings the other day and the weather did not cooperate. No worries, into the oven they go! This recipe is inspired by the Marydel Volunteer Fire Co Wing Night!
-1 dozen chicken wings
-Juice from 2 lemons
-3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
-2 Tbsp sesame oil
-3 Tbsp sriracha
-3 Tbsp honey
Combine all ingredients in a ziplock bag and marinate overnight. Pre-heat oven to 375. Set aside marinade. Arrange wings, skin side up, on a rack or some other way of keeping them off the bottom of the pan. Cook 45 minutes to 1 hour or until skin is crispy. Meanwhile, lightly boil the marinade for 5 minutes. Let cool. Toss the cooked wings with the marinade.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938