Happy Birthday Delaware!
Also, please take a moment to honor those who were “suddenly and deliberately attacked” at Pearl Harbor 73 years ago today.
-I hope everyone had a good week. Monday was the annual Delaware State Trooper memorial service in Smyrna. Monday night was a Kenton Town Council meeting. Tuesday was a meeting of the Unclaimed Property Task Force. Wednesday night I was unable to attended the Townsend Town Council meeting. Thursday night was the State Farm Bureau banquet. Congratulations to the new officers. Today was the Marydel Christmas parade. A busy week.
-Tomorrow, Monday the 8th, is the Wreaths Across America event at Legislative Hall. This is open to the public. Please join us at noon.
-Tuesday the 9th is the First State Military Academy groundbreaking ceremony in Clayton at noon. Tuesday night is the Kenton Ruritan Christmas Party. Saul will be wearing his reindeer hat!
-On Thursday I have lunch with the president of Delaware State University. Thursday night, come one come all to the Kent GOP Christmas Party at 6:00 p.m. at Grotto’s Pizza in Dover.
-On Friday, I will be joining friends and family of Dan Kirk at Arlington Cemetery to pay our respects to a great man. Friday night is a Marydel Fire Co. Wing Night.
-We still have some signs floating around out there. If you see one, grab it and let us know.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR – We’ve set up our next round of “Meet & Greet” gatherings with constituents! Hope to see you at one of the following events:
– COFFEE MEETING – Monday, December 15th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
– COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, December 17th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
– MEET & GREET/TASTING – Friday, January 9th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna)
– SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Monday, January 12th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy’s Pizza Shop (325 Main Street, Townsend)
-I’ll be at The Young Bean Coffee Shop in Clayton on Tuesday, January 20th between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.!
– MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, January 23rd – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
So last week I introduced you to baby food maker mashed potatoes. This week… baby food maker mushy peas!
-1 16 oz. bag frozen peas (try to find one with no or less sodium). If you can find fresh, use fresh.
-Half a clove of garlic chopped
-Salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to the baby food maker. Steam until very soft. Chop until smooth. Yummy.
Thanks. Have a good week.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903