I hope you had a great 4th of July. Now that session is over I can spend a little more time with my family, cooking, answering constituent concerns, and teaching (my real-world job). The previous six months had their highs and lows serving the people, but I am still looking forward to getting back to Legislative Hall in January. Thank you for your support!
-Tomorrow night is a Kenton Town Council meeting at 7 p.m.
-Wednesday at Tony’s Sausage House is a coffee with constituents meeting. Come join me and let me buy you a cup of joe.
-Saturday is a meeting with constituents at 3 Palms Petting Zoo. Please join me and take a look at a relatively unknown gem in the 11th District.
-For those of you longing for more pics of Saul, do not worry. I will be posting lots of good ones from the last couple of weeks tomorrow on my Facebook page. He misses you too!
-My “Meet & Greet” gatherings for June and July are all set. Please join me at one of the following events:
• COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, July 8th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
• MEET & GREET – Saturday, July 11th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). The RAIN DATE is Saturday, July 18th.
• SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Wednesday, July 15th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy Pizza Shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
• COFFEE MEETING – Monday, July 20th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
• ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, July 22nd – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join me for a free scoop of ice cream.
• MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, July 24th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
Before I go on with the Doro Wat, I do have a correction for last week. It should say “Over medium-low heat, roast all the spices up to and including the allspice in a heavy pan”. This should make it make more sense. Sorry about that.
Doro Wat is my wife’s favorite recipe. I have made it a little different each time. This one is the easiest way and adopted from an internet recipe
-3lbs boneless and skinless chicken thighs cut into large chunks
-8 oz butter
-3 lbs diced onion
-5 garlic cloves minced
-4 tbsp last week’s Berbere powder
-9 oz crushed tomato
-2 tsp sugar
-1 tsp salt
-6 pealed hard boiled eggs
Fry the onions and garlic in the butter. Stir in the Berbere powder. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, and sugar. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken pieces. Add just enough water to make a very thick stew-like consistency. Do not over-water. Cover and bring to a light boil. Simmer on low for 10 minutes. Stir. Simmer on medium for another 30 minutes. Cook on low until chicken is tender and cooked through. Serve in a large communal dish with pita bread for scooping up all the yummy goodness.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903