Friends For Jeff Spiegelman,
Just a couple more weeks until my campaign kick-off event. For more details, please see below. I hope you will be able to join us.
-A lot of you contacted me about the situation involving Bayhealth and Highmark. They have reached an agreement and there will be no interruption of services.
-Wednesday is Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement Day at Legislative Hall.
-Thursday is the next meeting of the Delaware Sportsmen Caucus at 11 a.m. at Legislative Hall. This meeting is open to the public. Come join us.
-Thursday evening is the Wilmington University Legislative Reception.
-On Friday is my next meeting with constituents. Join me at noon for some conversation. Please see below for more details.
-On Sunday is the next Hartly breakfast.
-Campaign season is here!!!! My campaign kick-off event is scheduled for May 25th from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the William Lloyd Nelson V.F.W. on Summit Bridge Rd. in Middletown. The cost is “donations appreciated”. I will have my yard signs available for pick-up and I would be honored to have you display them in your yard. As in the previous last two elections, let’s turn the 11th District into the “Yellow Sign Road”! For more details, please go to https://www.facebook.com/friends4jeff/ and click on Spiegelman Campaign Kick-Off.
-Speaking of signs- thank you so much for how many of you have requested one. However, the Department of Elections is enforcing new rules that all campaign material must have a “Paid for by” label. I am getting stickers made for my yard signs. When I have them, my signs can begin going out to my fantastic supporters.
I am happy to announce my next round of constituent meetings through the spring and summer. I invite constituents to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their mind:
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Friday, May 20th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy Pizza Shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
· MEET & GREET – Tuesday, May 24th – 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Hartly Hardware Store (324 Main Street, Hartly)
· MEET & GREET/TASTING – Friday, June 3rd – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna)
· COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, June 15th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, July 9th – 12-Noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). (The RAIN DATE is Saturday, July 16th.)
· COFFEE MEETING – Monday, July 11th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, August 2nd – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, August 12th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, August 24th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
Never made French toast? What are you waiting for? Jenn made me this recipe this morning.
-Slices of whole wheat bread
-1 pinch brown sugar
-1 pinch cinnamon
-1 tbsp butter
Melt the butter in a pan. Beat the egg with the sugar and cinnamon. Dip the bread in the egg mixture on both sides. Let the excess drip back into the egg mixture. Cook on medium heat in the buttered pan until brown. Flip. Cook until browned. Enjoy plain or make extra unhealthy with powdered sugar and/or maple syrup.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938