Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Campaign season is here!!! My campaign kick-off event is scheduled for this Wednesday, May 25th from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the William Lloyd Nelson V.F.W. on Summit Bridge Rd. in Middletown. The cost is “donations appreciated”. I will have my yard signs available for pick-up and I would be honored to have you display them in your yard. As in the previous last two elections, let’s turn the 11th District into the “Yellow Sign Road”! For more details, please go to https://www.facebook.com/friends4jeff/ and click on Spiegelman Campaign Kick-Off.
-We are on a two week break from session at Legislative Hall while the Budget and Bond committees continue their work. Once June hits, we are in every week until the wee hours of the morning on July 1st.
-Monday night at 7 p.m. at the Kenton Ruritan is the monthly meeting of the 11th District Republicans. Come join us.
-Tuesday morning is my next coffee with constituents meeting at Hartly Feed and Hardware on Main St. in Hartly from 9 a.m.-10 a.m.
-Tuesday afternoon is the next meeting of the Joint Sunset Committee (soon to be renamed).
-Thank you so much for how many of you have requested a sign. However, the Department of Elections is enforcing new rules that all campaign material must have a “Paid for by” label. I am getting stickers made for my yard signs. When I have them, my signs can begin going out to my fantastic supporters.
I am happy to announce my next round of constituent meetings through the spring and summer. I invite constituents to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their minds:
· MEET & GREET – Tuesday, May 24th – 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Hartly Hardware Store (324 Main Street, Hartly)
· MEET & GREET/TASTING – Friday, June 3rd – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna)
· COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, June 15th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, July 9th – 12-Noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). (The RAIN DATE is Saturday, July 16th.)
· COFFEE MEETING – Monday, July 11th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, August 2nd – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, August 12th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, August 24th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
Originally, this method of cooking was used to preserve fish. Now, it is less useful, but more delicious. It can be made in large batches. If you don’t like spicy, leave out the peppers.
-Whole salmon fillet. Cut 2 inch wide strips.
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup maple syrup
-1/4 cup salt
-1/2 cup maple syrup
-1 teaspoon spicy chili powder
Mix up the brine and use it to marinate the salmon overnight. Take out of brine, pat dry, and let sit uncovered in the fridge for 2 hours. Take out of the fridge and let it sit, uncovered, for 1 hour. Mix the glaze. Set aside. Smoke at 200 degrees for 5-6 hours skin side down. Brush the fish with the glaze every 1.5 hours. Do not brush the final 1.5 hours. When cooked through, allow to sit out on the counter for a few minutes. The glaze will harden into a nice lacquer.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938