Friends For Jeff Spiegelman,
This is the last week of the 148th General Assembly. In the next three days we may pass as many bills as the previous 6 months combined. So we will be very busy. Thank you for all your support during the 148th. I am looking forward to serving you again in the 149th and beyond.
-The stickers needed for my yard signs are in and I am ready to start sending them out. Please let me know if you would like a sign. I am happy to deliver one to you. If you have already requested a sign, thank you for your support. Please be patient as we are organizing this part of our campaign.
I am happy to announce my next round of constituent meetings through the spring and summer. I invite constituents to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their minds:
Please note the change of date of my meeting at the Young Bean in Clayton.
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, July 9th – 12-Noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). (The RAIN DATE is Saturday, July 16th.)
· COFFEE MEETING – Monday, July 11th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· COFFEE MEETING – (New Date) Tuesday, August 5th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, August 12th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, August 24th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
I recently purchased a Himalayan salt block. The few things I have cooked on it have been very good. However, I also found that the block can be just as useful frozen
-1 Himalayan Salt Block
-1 small watermelon
-Feta cheese crumbles
-Fresh basil leaves
Freeze the salt block for at least 6 hours. Chop the basil leaves. Slice a thin, round disc of watermelon. Lay on the disc on the salt block. Carefully (as not to scratch the salt block too much) cut the watermelon disc into pizza-like triangles. Sprinkle as much feta and basil on top as you like. Serve immediately. As the salt block slowly comes back up to room temperature, you will notice more liquid sitting on it. This is ok, but will make any food it touches much saltier.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938