Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
My deepest sympathies to those who lost loved ones to the despicable and inhuman acts of a depraved mad-man in Orlando. Western Civilization grieves.
-If you are going to Firefly this weekend, please have a great and safe time.
-Monday night is a Kenton Town Council meeting beginning at 7 p.m. at the Kenton School.
-On Tuesday I will be attending a Delaware Association of Realtors lunch. If session gets out early enough, on Tuesday night I will be attending the Delaware Federation of Republican Women’s Open House at their new location in Dover. Email me if you would like more details.
-Wednesday morning is my next coffee with constituents at Tony’s Sausage House on Kenton Rd at 8-9 a.m. Please join me.
-On Saturday I will be the guest speaker for the Ladies In Fellowship organization in Dover.
-The stickers needed for my yard signs are in and I am ready to start sending them out. Please let me know if you would like a sign. I am happy to deliver one to you. If you have already requested a sign, thank you for your support. Please be patient as we are organizing this part of our campaign.
I am happy to announce my next round of constituent meetings through the spring and summer. I invite constituents to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their minds:
· COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, June 15th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, July 9th – 12-Noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). (The RAIN DATE is Saturday, July 16th.)
· COFFEE MEETING – Monday, July 11th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, August 2nd – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, August 12th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, August 24th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
Tzatziki sauce is one of my summer favorites. It is especially good when you can get all the ingredients from the garden.
-1 cup Greek yogurt
-2 minced garlic cloves
-1 1/2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill (or, if you are anything like me, more. Much more. No such thing as too much dill)
-1 teaspoon freshly chopped mint leaves
-1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
-juice from ½ lemon
-1 medium skinned cucumber.
-salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour. Overnight is best for the flavors to come together. Use as a marinade or dipping sauce for lamb or chicken. Serve on pita bread with fresh lettuce, onion, and tomato.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938