Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
I hope you are all taking this holiday season well and not getting too stressed out gift shopping.
-On Monday I am attending the annual Wreathes Across America event at Legislative Hall and then a banquet in honor of the Smyrna High football team’s winning season.
-Tuesday night is the Kenton Ruritan Christmas Party.
-Thursday morning is my next coffee with constituents meeting at Tony’s Sausage House. See below for more details. Thursday afternoon is the Kent County Republican Women’s Club’s annual Christmas luncheon. Thank you for the invitation and all the support, ladies.
-Saturday evening is a House Republican Caucus fundraiser/Christmas party in Greenville from 6-8 p.m. If you would like more details, please let me know and I would be happy to email them to you. In the past couple of years this has been a great event at a beautiful location.
-Anyone still holding on to a few Spiegelman signs that they collected?
-I am happy to announce my next round of constituent meetings that will be held between this December and March 2017. I invite constituents and non-constituents alike to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their mind:
· COFFEE MEETING – Thursday, December 15th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Wednesday, December 21st – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy Pizza Shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
· MEET & GREET/TASTING – Friday, January 13th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna)
· MEET & GREET – Tuesday, January 17th – 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Hartly Hardware Store (324 Main Street, Hartly)
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, February 7th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, February 11th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – (The SNOW DATE is Saturday, February 18th.)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, February 22nd – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· COFFEE MEETING AT NEW LOCATION – Thursday, March 9th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Drunk’n Baker (1 N. Main Street, Smyrna)
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, March 17th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, March 21st – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
I have no idea what part of my brain this recipe came from. But it worked, and worked well.
-1 lb venison
-2 dozen pearl onions
-1 lb macaroni
-3 scotch bonnet peppers, deseeded
-1/4 lb each shredded cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and pepper jack cheese
-1 tbsp butter
-1 12oz can butterbeans
-1 tbsp allspice
-1 tbsp thyme
-1 cup red wine
-1 crushed garlic clove
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 tbsp low-sodium soy
-1 packet onion soup mix
Cut the venison into bite-sized pieces. Combine venison, wine, allspice, thyme, garlic, soy, salt, pepper, and peppers in a bag and marinate overnight. Add the liquid to a slow cooker and add the onions and butter. Cook on low two hours. Add the rest of the ingredients from the bag and the strained beans. Cook 4 hours. Cook the pasta with the onion soup mix. Strain. Add 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker to the pasta. Stir in all the cheese and the solids from the slow cooker into the pasta. Enjoy.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938