Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Just a couple of weeks left of session and there is still so much to do!
-Tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. I will be attending an announcement of USDA grants that have been made available to the Town of Smyrna.
-On Tuesday I will be filming an informational session with Comcast. I will post the video to my website and Facebook page when it is ready.
-Thursday afternoon I will be attending the Blue-Gold PAC fundraiser lunch and panel at Dover Downs at 11:30 a.m. Please email me if you would like more information about this event.
-Thursday evening is the Wilmington University Legislative Reception. Thursday evening is also the monthly meeting of the Kent County GOP. Join us at 6:45 p.m. at Grotto’s Pizza in Dover.
-Saturday is the Townsend Spring Fling.
-Volume II cookbooks are almost done!
-My “Meet & Greet” gatherings for June and July are all set. Please join me at one of the following events:
• COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, June 17th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
• MEET & GREET/TASTING – Friday, June 26th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna)
• COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, July 8th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
• MEET & GREET – Saturday, July 11th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). The RAIN DATE is Saturday, July 18th.
• SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Wednesday, July 15th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy pizza shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
• COFFEE MEETING – Monday, July 20th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
• ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, July 22nd – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join me for a free scoop of ice cream.
• MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, July 24th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
Bourbon Chicken does not contain bourbon. The story is that it was invented by a Chinese chef on Bourbon Street. Misleading? Maybe. Delicious anyway? Certainly.
Adapted from an internet recipe.
-2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
-1-2 tbsp chili or olive oil
-1 crushed garlic clove
-1 tbsp ginger powder
-1 tbsp chili powder
-1/4 cup apple juice
-1/3 cup light brown sugar
-2 tbsp ketchup
-1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
-1/2 cup water
-1/3 cup low-sodium soy
-1 tbsp sriracha sauce
Cook chicken until lightly browned in the oil and drain off any excess liquids. Remove chicken and add in the rest of the ingredients. Heat and mix until everything is dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sauce will still be liquidy but will thicken as it cools. Serve over white rice.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903