Friends for Jeff Spiegelman
I hope you are enjoying the summer weather
-This week was very busy which is typical of June. Monday I had a ceremony in Smyrna in honor of the USDA grants made available to renovate and open the Inn at Duck Creek. On Tuesday I recorded a video at Comcast in Dover talking about the Port of Wilmington. Thursday was a Blue-Gold PAC fundraiser at Dover Downs. Thursday night was a Wilmington University reception, the Kent County GOP Monthly Meeting, and Smyrna Night Out. Yesterday was the always successful Spring Fling for the Townsend Fire Co and Ducks Unlimited. Today I joined Willey Farms for the dedication of their new flag pole in honor of Flag Day.
-Tomorrow I am getting a tour of the new medical marijuana facility opening in Wilmington. Tomorrow night is also a ceremony in Smyrna in honor of the Magna Carta. Please email me if you would like to know more about it
-Tuesday night is a monthly meeting of the Kent County Young Republicans. Please email me if you would like more details.
-Wednesday morning I am hosting a coffee with constituents meeting at the Young Bean in Clayton. If you have not been there yet, it is a real treat. Come and sit with us or just stop in to say hello. The coffee is on me.
-Thursday is a Small Business Caucus meeting.
-Happy Father’s Day everyone. Jenn got me a new pellet smoker/grill.
-My “Meet & Greet” gatherings for June and July are all set. Please join me at one of the following events:
• COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, June 17th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
• MEET & GREET/TASTING – Friday, June 26th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Painted Stave Distilling (103 W. Commerce Street, Smyrna)
• COFFEE MEETING – Wednesday, July 8th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Tony’s Sausage House (2814 Kenton Road, Dover)
• MEET & GREET – Saturday, July 11th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). The RAIN DATE is Saturday, July 18th.
• SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Wednesday, July 15th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy pizza shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
• COFFEE MEETING – Monday, July 20th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
• ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, July 22nd – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join me for a free scoop of ice cream.
• MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, July 24th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
Delicious for summer. Try with sausage, brats, kielbasa, hot dogs, or any similar meat
-6 meats (see above)
-1 bottle lager or similar style beer
-1 tbsn mustard seed
-1 tbsn whole cloves
-1 tbsn whole coriander
-6-10 whole allspice
-2 bay leaves
-1 sliced medium onion
-2 cups water
Pierce meat several times with a fork. Put all ingredients except the meat in a pot. Bring to a rolling boil. Add the meat. If there is not enough liquid, add water until the meat is covered. Boil 5 minutes. Cover and turn off heat. Let sit 15 minutes. Finish cooking the meat on a grill to crisp it up. Enjoy.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903