Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
We are back in session this week and it is going to be busy.
-Monday night is the annual Whitehall Neck Sportsman Club Game Dinner. Always a great event!
-Tuesday morning is a meeting with constituents at Willey Farms. Come join me. Later that day I have lunch with the Delaware biotech industry. Then session begins again at 2 p.m.
-Wednesday is a Delaware Sportsman Caucus meeting at 11 a.m. Come join us.
-Thursday is the Delaware Electric Co-op lunch. Thursday evening is the Kent Region GOP candidates night at Grotto’s Pizza (come join us) and a Hartly Town Council meeting.
-Friday night is Wing Night at the Marydel Fire Company.
-Sunday is the St Patrick’s Day Parade in Clayton.
-Please don’t forgot that Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday.
UPDATE: My next round of Meet and Greets have been scheduled. Stop by if there is something on your mind and you would like to chat.
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, March 8th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, March 19th – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). (The facility will also be hosting an Easter Egg hunt that day, as well as on the rain date, starting at 11 a.m. and continuing for the rest of the day.) The Meet & Greet RAIN DATE is Saturday, March 26th.
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Tuesday, April 5th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Saturday, April 9th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· COFFEE MEETING – Thursday, April 21st – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
Not sure this recipe is in its final form yet, but it was still pretty good:
-1 whole small chicken
-6 green onions, chopped
-1 small red onion, sliced
-1 cup sake or mirin
-1 tbsp peanut oil
-1 tbsp each ginger powder and black pepper
-1 tbsp each garlic, cumin, and coriander powders
-2 tbsp tumeric powder
-4 cayenne or other spicy pepper
-salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients except the chicken, cayenne peppers, and onion. Rinse and dry the chicken. Rub generously inside and out with the mixture. Stuff with the onions. Save whatever onions you have left over. Marinate overnight. De-vein and de-seed the cayenne peppers. Boil in 1 cup water. Put the chicken in a slow cooker breast down. Spread the remaining onion around the chicken. Add the boiled cayenne peppers and enough of the water you boiled them in to make 1 inch of liquid. Cook on low for 4 hours. Flip the chicken. Cook on low until it just begins to fall apart.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903