Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Earlier this month, did the hog say more winter or early spring?
-A big congratulations to the organizers and planners of the I Love Smyrna School District Day event.
-This is our last week before we go back into session on the 8th of March.
-Monday afternoon I will be reading at Clayton Intermediate School as part of Read Across America Day. Last year I read the Butter Battle Book by Dr. Seuss to 5th graders. Not the best choice on my part…
-Wednesday night is a Townsend Town Council meeting beginning at 7:30 p.m.
-On Friday I am getting a tour of the Delaware State Police Aviation department/facility. I am looking forward to it. I have been told I am not allowed to touch and/or fly ANYTHING.
-Saturday night is the Delaware State Wild Turkey Federation dinner at the Felton Fire Hall.
UPDATE: My next round of Meet and Greets have been scheduled. Stop by if there is something on your mind and you would like to chat.
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, March 8th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, March 19th – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). (The facility will also be hosting an Easter Egg hunt that day, as well as on the rain date, starting at 11 a.m. and continuing for the rest of the day.) The Meet & Greet RAIN DATE is Saturday, March 26th.
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Tuesday, April 5th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Saturday, April 9th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· COFFEE MEETING – Thursday, April 21st – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
“Jenn, do you want garlic bread with your pasta?” “Sure. That sounds good.” “Oh no, we are out of olive oil….. what to do? What to do? I have an idea! Let’s try…”
-4 slices of whole wheat bread
-1 tbsp garlic powder
-1/2 tbsp onion powder
-salt and pepper to taste
Set broiler to high or set toaster oven to broil. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to a small bowl or cup. Add equal parts peanut oil and sesame oil to form a thin paste. Spread evenly on one side of the bread. Broil for a few minutes, garlic side up, until the edges begin to toast. Switch to a toaster or switch the toaster oven to toast. Toast until golden brown.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938