Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Congratulations to Senator Gary Simpson for being named the Kent County Legislator of the Year 2016.
-Monday at noon I am going to be at Little Italy’s Pizza Shop. Stop by if you would like to chat.
-Monday evening is the 11th RD Meeting at the Kenton Ruritan Club. Please let me know if you would like more details. Come and see what the 11th District GOP is doing this election year.
-Tuesday night is the Joint Sunset Committee review of the Department of Elections. This should be an interesting meeting…
-Saturday is I Love Smyrna School District Day!
-There will not be a Hartly Breakfast this month. The fire hall is being refurbished.
UPDATE: My next round of Meet and Greets have been scheduled. Stop by if there is something on your mind and you would like to chat.
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, March 8th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Willey Farms (Townsend)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, March 19th – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton). (The facility will also be hosting an Easter Egg hunt that day, as well as on the rain date, starting at 11 a.m. and continuing for the rest of the day.) The Meet & Greet RAIN DATE is Saturday, March 26th.
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Tuesday, April 5th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Saturday, April 9th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· COFFEE MEETING – Thursday, April 21st – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
Every once in a while you stumble on something that ends up being a lot better than expected. This was one of those things.
-1 lb chicken cutlets cut into small cubes
-1 tbsp olive oil
-4 tbsp spicy tomato oil
-1 chopped medium onion
-2 minced garlic cloves
-1 chopped sweet pepper
-1 sliced avocado
-shredded cheddar cheese
-blue corn taco shells
-1/2 tbsp each chipotle powder, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, and onion powder
-1 tbsp chili powder
-1 cup rice
-2 cups chicken broth
-2 lemon slices
Cook the rice in the chicken broth. When done, mix in the cilantro and squeeze on the lemon. Set aside.
Mix all the spices. Hand rub the chicken with the spice mix. Cook in a pan with the olive oil until cooked. Remove from pan. Use the same pan to heat the tomato oil. When it gets aromatic, add the garlic, onions, and peppers. Cook until done. Mix the chicken back in. Layer the rice on the bottom of the taco, the chicken and vegetables next, then the cheese, and top with avocado. Then, if you are anything like me, add enough hot sauce to melt the enamel off your teeth.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938