Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
We are back! Last weekend I was too busy with Saul’s birthday to post an update. I will make up for it this week with a delicious and very easy recipe that I made twice this week.
-Last week, I had the pleasure of being interviewed by David Kuznicki who is doing a documentary about the situation in Hartly with the town council. Along those lines, I have very good news to report: the town has 5 Commissioners! Congratulations to the town and a huge thank you to those who decided to step up to the plate.
-I would like to congratulate Harvest Ridge Winery for another successful Food Truck Competition event this year raising money for the Disabled American Veterans organization. For the second year in a row, the winner was Meat Mechanics out of Dover. Another congratulations goes out to Painted Stave Distilling for their successful release party for their Off the Hoof scrapple flavored vodka.
-This Saturday is Dover Days! One of the themes this year is the Civil War and I will be in costume for the parade. Hopefully, Saul and Jenn will be joining me (maybe in costume).
-Friends for Jeff Spiegelman Cookbook Volume II should be available soon. Stay tuned for more details.
-My constituents are invited to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their mind:
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, May 8th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, May 12th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, May 16th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, May 20th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Thursday, May 21st – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy pizza shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
This is a very easy side-dish or hor d’oeuvre:
-A few dozen cherry tomatoes. Lately I have been able to find packaged multicolored tomatoes that add a great bit of color to this dish.
-Salt and pepper to taste
-2 heaping tbsp. freshly chopped basil
-3 tbsp. olive oil (for an added twist, substitute some sesame oil)
-2 cloves garlic, crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss all ingredients and place in an oven safe dish with a lid. Cook 30 minutes.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903