Friends for Jeff Spiegelman
My son helped me put in the garden today. If by “helped” I mean “No…. don’t eat that…. NO! That is dirty…. “ etc.
-All are invited Friday night to “Glass of Wine with Rep Spiegelman” at Harvest Ridge Winery. 5pm-630pm. Come join us.
-Before I go any further, one of you emailed me last week wanting me to check to see if Delaware had anything on the books about a certain topic. I emailed you back asking for your number but I lost that email chain. Please email me again. My apologies.
-Dover Days was another big success. Wearing wool on a warm day in May dressed as a Union soldier is not usually that much fun!
-Coming up this week is a Kenton Town Council meeting Monday night, Townsend Town Council meeting Wednesday night, and Wine with Rep Spiegelman Friday night.
-Friends for Jeff Spiegelman Cookbook Volume II should be available soon. Stay tuned for more details.
-Happy Mother’s Day everyone.
-My constituents are invited to stop by one of the following meetings to share a question or concern about a legislative or district matter that may be on their mind:
· MEET & GREET/WINE TASTING – Friday, May 8th – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Harvest Ridge Winery (447 Westville Road, Marydel, DE)
· COFFEE MEETING – Tuesday, May 12th – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – The Young Bean Coffee Shop (314 Main Street, Clayton)
· MEET & GREET – Saturday, May 16th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – 3 Palms Petting Zoo (924 Blackbird Forest Road, Clayton)
· ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Wednesday, May 20th – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Mamie Warren Senior Center (1775 Wheatleys Pond Road, Smyrna). Join Jeff for a free scoop of ice cream.
· SODA & ICED TEA MEETING – Thursday, May 21st – 12-noon to 1 p.m. – Little Italy pizza shop in Townsend (325 Main Street, Townsend)
A nice twist on sweet corn
-Sweet corn, husked and de-silked
-Salt and pepper to taste
-A pinch of garlic
Heat the butter until it is soft but not a liquid. Rub generously on the corn. Combine garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub generously onto corn. Smoke on indirect heat at around 300 for 15 minutes. Flip. Another 15 minutes. Place on direct heat. Cook until lines begin to appear. Do this on all sides. Enjoy.
Representative 11th District
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903